A MESSAGE TO OUR CLIENTS REGARDING COVID-19
A message from Columbus Title Agency of Westerville, Inc. to our clients regarding COVID-19 from attorney Charles R Griffith, founder, and Lisa Griffith Mahlerwein, CFO:
We have been following the local and national news reports of how to help contain the virus and are listening to all the advisories to keep our clients and team safe.
Update 03/23/2020 subsequent to Governor Dewine’s Ohio Stay at Home Order:
- Additional steps, besides those below, for your safety include smaller closing groups (no overlapping closings will be scheduled) and Buyers and Sellers to close separately. Other visitors will be allowed by appointments only.
We are taking precautions to prevent the spread of germs by the following steps:
- We will ask everyone who comes to our office for closings to sanitize their hands either at the front desk or in the closing room.
- All closing rooms will be sanitized to start the day, after every closing and at the end of the day.
- All closers will wash / sanitize their hands before and after each closing and during the down times between closings.
- Closers will provide fresh pens to anyone who is signing documents. Clients may take pens with them or we will throw them away (they will not be reused).
- If anyone leaves the office, they will wash / sanitize their hands upon return.
- We will practice Social Distancing by avoiding physical contact with fellow team members plus all who do business with us.
- Request all to cover their mouth when they sneeze or cough and avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth as much as possible.
- No one will come to work if they feel sick.
We encourage your Sellers to pre-sign to avoid round table closings. We are also encouraging Buyers and Sellers to minimize their time at the closing table when possible by pre-signing miscellaneous, non-notarized documents prior to closing. We can email them to Buyers and Sellers and once signed they can be scanned and returned via email or brought to closing.
Please know we wish you and your families health and wellness during this time.
If there are special requests to help you or your clients feel safer, we will do our best to try to accommodate those requests.
Please call us if you have any questions at: 614-890-3888.
If you need more information about COVID-19 call The Ohio Department of Health at: